Sunday 21 August 2011

i heart tom waits


green rhymes & hazy sundances, playing with fire it's only the slow kids who're gunna get damaged. traffic jammed & there could be worse outcomes thanks to tom waits & his alligator voice. i may be slow moving but at least i have him to show me, take me places, drive me to nebraska or wisconsin or palookaville. you know he's one of those people i would follow to the ends of the earth, someone who nourishes me with his tone, nurtures me with  his sad, sad soul. but you get the feeling tom can take it.
things happen in my head when tom's around. fireworks & wet blankets, hallelujah choruses & blistering sunburn. i want to run through countries to be with him - but i cant because he has turned me into a paraplegic for his love. things happen all over my body when tom's around. nipples prickle, muscles melt, beats quicken & skip. synapses snap. things move in strange directions, tangents down dark alleys following a hooker to her next hook up with the hangman. i follow tom willingly because he has diamonds in his mind. 
my fingers stray downwards when that bad cat's in town.
sirens & virtue & letting myself go are all part & parcel to tom being around.
i heart tom waits.

5 comments:

  1. where's the like button? !! (or the heart button)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! thanks. the
    +1 is a google like, or go back to the f.b post. i should write more like this then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love how you use fragments.

    Looking forward to more,
    Emanuel

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks emanuel, this style does have an energy i really like. if you scroll down newcastle & the one with the horse are quite similar i think.

    ReplyDelete