Sunday 10 July 2011

those moments


it's in those moments
when i'm caught
between touching you, and
not touching you
and finding out that the truth
doesn't always move
the narrative along -
that my life takes on the
orchestration of a car accident.

it's in those moments
when i keep finding the wrong
way to express myself
that i get the feeling i'm
a tourist here,
in my own town
in my own home
in my own bed.

its in those moments
when i'm pushing
myself too far, but somehow
it's never far enough,
and the burden of
carrying ugly
is just a knife slice
short of too heavy...


it's in those moments.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you put words together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jan, i surprise myself often. & i love the way you put photos together, i think about it now wen i take a snap - wot wood jan do?

    ReplyDelete